Advertise with us
New Welsh Review has been publishing the best writing from Wales, including new poetry, creative fiction, opinion, essays and reviews for over 30 years. In May 2015 we rebranded the magazine as the New Welsh Reader, which publishes original creative work and critical opinion pieces and photography three times a year. All reviews are now available exclusively on the website, both free to view and for subscribers only.
There are a range of advertising opportunities available both in the New Welsh Reader print magazine, in our monthly e-newsletters and on our website. Adverts vary from full colour to black and white, full page to half page, website banners to inserts. Read more below about the profile of the magazine and the opportunities available or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a media pack, with the digest of advertising rates.
Reach an articulate, engaged and creative readership
• New Welsh Reader is distributed to our loyal subscriber base both in print and digital format, and also sold in selected bookshops via our trade distributors
• Nearly half of our readership describe themselves as having a creative role in their work (writer/artist/performer) with nearly a quarter also holding academic positions
• The estimated readership of the magazine is 1,500
• New Welsh Reader is published three times a year in print with bespoke marketing and publicity plans to support each issue
• Our regular e-newsletter goes to over 700 subscribers each time and we also boast over 5,200 Twitter followers and over 4,700 Facebook likes
• Our readers are engaged not only with the arts – including theatre, film and music as well as literature – but also politics and current affairs, history and culture
• The magazine has a presence throughout the year at cultural and literary events which the magazine curates including poetry tours and the Hay Festival
Past advertisers in NWR include Mslexia; Poetry Review; the Dylan Thomas Centre; Literature Wales; Parthian Books; Seren Books; University of Wales Press; Ffotogallery; National Theatre of Wales and the creative writing school, Tŷ Newydd. Creative Writing departments in the following unversities also routinely use us to publicise their courses: Aberystwyth; Birmingham; Cardiff; Oxford; Swansea; and the University of Wales Trinity St David. We also frequently receive bookings for national literary competitions.
Advert Spaces Available:
NWR in an A5 publication, printed on high-quality hello silk stock.
PREMIUM FULL COLOUR ADVERTS:
All sizes in mm height x width
(for bleed add 3mm; text 8mm minimum from trimmed edge)
Outside back cover – 210 x 148 (full bleed) or 194 x 132 (trim no bleed)
Inside back cover – 210 x 148 (full bleed) or 194 x 132 (trim no bleed)
Inside front cover – 210 x 148 (full bleed) or 194 x 132 (trim no bleed)
INSIDE MONO ADVERTS:
Full page – 210 x 148 (full bleed) or 166 x 104 (trim no bleed)
Half page – 80 x 104 (landscape only)
Advertising Deadlines for advertising in our 2020 E-newsletters:
Format: Press Optimised PDF, otherwise tiff at 300dpi by email.
Inserts of flyers (no larger than A5 format and no heavier than 10g, please) and website banners can also be arranged.
To find out the current advertising rates, or to discuss discounts for multiple bookings, please contact Julia Forster on via the Contact us page or on the advertising hotline: (01970) 628410.