Subscribing to NWR has never been easier, or offered better value.
A subscription offers a saving of over £3.00 on the print edition cover price, for which customers will receive the next three editions of the print magazine New Welsh Reader
(end of May, 1 September & 1 December), delivered at no extra charge. New subscribers will also receive the current issue of the magazine, completely free. That’s three print issues for as little as £16.99, in addition to four additional subscriber-exclusive online supplements of reviews and comment (July, October, February & April) and priority notice of four further free-to-view editions of reviews, comment and multimedia.
In addition, all subscribers will receive:
• Access to the digital editions of NWR
• Our monthly subscriber e-newsletter including access to four additional online reviews and multimedia supplements
• Entry into prize draws
• Access to high quality new writing from Wales and beyond, including photo-essays, reviews, opinion columns and original creative work.
Editor Gwen Davies presents the highlights of the forthcoming autumn edition of New Welsh Reader, 112, published on 1 September and including fiction by Cynan Jones, travel nonfiction by John Harrison, New Welsh Writing Awards 2016 winner Mandy Sutter, Nathan Llywelyn Munday, and poetry by Philip Gross (himself the son of an eastern European refugee) including 'Back' which satirises the EU referendum result and apparently purports sending home all non-native garden species: 'Now the lights are going out all over / Europe's gardens'.
The easiest way to subscribe is by choosing one of the packages below and following the instructions. If you’d rather pay by cheque, please print off and fill out this form
, before returning it to the address listed thereon. Paying by cheque costs £20.99 for a one-year UK individual subscription.
Discounts for members of Yr Academi Gymreig/The Welsh Academy and the Society of Authors.
Are you a member of Yr Academi Gymreig/The Welsh Academy or the Society of Authors? You can get £2 off your annual subscription to NWR. Just quote your discount code in the box below.
Please note that the options below are for individual subscriptions only. For institutional licenses and subscription queries, please contact us.
Subscribe to our app, only £14.99 for annual digital only subscription
. Or read our single-issue epub version
More information about Direct Debits
1) You will only need to set up a Direct Debit instruction once in order to pay your future subscription fees by this method, but we will always write to you in good time before your annual renewal payment is due.
2) Your rights are strictly protected under the Direct Debit scheme. No changes in the amount, date, frequency to be debited can be made without notifying you at least five working days in advance of your account being debited. In the event of any error, you are entitled to an immediate refund from your Bank or Building society. You have the right to cancel a Direct Debit Instruction at any time simply by writing to your Bank or Building Society, with a copy to us.
3) Direct Debit subscriptions are available only for delivery to UK addresses, and for payment from UK bank accounts.